How many different ways are there to rehearse one passage? At least 42...
A practical demonstration of creative rehearsal techniques for young ensembles, led by Owen Cox and Tom Redmond from Chetham's School of Music. With Violetta Strings, the School's Junior ensemble of players, Owen and Tom guide delegates through at least 42 approaches to approach just one line of Grieg's Holberg Suite.
Suitable for Key Stages 1 to 4.
- Try new and creative approaches to leading rehearsals with young ensembles
- Gain awareness of the social and creative benefits of ensemble music-making
- Use printed music as a starting point for creative play and improvisation
- Help young players to develop and communicate their interpretations of music
- Justify this fresh approach to rehearsal using wider research and practical examples
- Put the fun back at the heart of their ensemble rehearsal sessions!
Click for session page
Owen Cox, Deputy Head of Strings, Chetham's School of Music
Tom Redmond, Director of music, Chetham's School of Music