A practical session offering delegates a taster of new cutting-edge digital learning in dance and dramatic singing. Delivered by the Royal Opera House, this session will present activities from the new ROH National Nutcracker and Create and Sing Carmen programme.
Designed to upskill both primary and secondary teachers, this workshop will help practitioners charting a pathway to ‘Outstanding’ in their schools.
- Engage in a series of creating, singing, moving and listening activities to use and adapt in their own classrooms
- Learn about musical aspects of The Nutcracker and Carmen and how these can be used to inspire creative work in their own classroom
- Learn strategies for improvising, performing and composing music as a group
- Explore strategies for creating quality assembly items with their class
- Understand ways in which dance and singing can be integrated in learning across the curriculum.